Happy Halloween everyone! Learning and development can throw some scary things your way. I recruited the help of a few L&D professionals to come up with a list of 13 scary things you can face as a trainer.
- You designed your training for small round tables. They give you a room with one very long board table.
- Four words: Coffee spill – white shirt
- You forgot your Mr. Sketch markers, the office only has dry-erase!
- The projector blows a bulb, and the backup didn’t survive the flight.
- Half of your participants drank way too much at the open bar the night before training.
- Your co-facilitator is running 30 minutes late and has all of your materials
- Your urgent eLearning module started malfunctioning in the LMS and you have no idea why.
- The client wants high-quality video on a PowerPoint budget.
- The newbie breaks your most complicated Storyline interaction and doesn’t back up the original.
- Your co-facilitator loves to tie-in long stories about his kids and doesn’t care how behind schedule you get.
- “Broke up a fist fight in a new hire orientation” & “Teaching a leadership class at a mortgage company while the housing market crashed, seeing our CEO on TV in a breakroom across the hall telling the world everything was “fine.” “~@bjmtrainer
- Whether participants will like the lunch. ~ @ffjr1405
- Deadline approaches faster than I thought for delivery. ~ @DavidVincentDec
Here at Train Like A Champion, we wish you all a very happy hallows eve and hope you never face one of these scary fates. What is your scariest training story to fear? Let’s talk about it in the comments below!